“euroCARE IVF announces a pioneering in-vitro Fertilization (IVF) program, adding to its successful non-sharing egg donor and innovative gender selection programs.”
— euroCARE IVF Cyprus
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is the process of fertilization of the egg with the sperm outside of the woman’s body. The IVF process involves stimulating the woman’s ovaries to produce multiple eggs, fertilizing the retrieved eggs with the sperm in a lab, and transferring the embryo(s) back to the uterus in order to establish a pregnancy.
IVF is one of the most common and successful fertility treatments in the world. According to the statistics, more than 8 million babies have been born via IVF (or other ART treatment).
IVF North Cyprus as a type of assisted reproductive technology (ART) can be performed either for infertility problems or genetic diseases found in parents.
IVF Cyprus Candidates
IVF in North Cyprus is offered after alternative fertility treatments or therapies have proved to be unsuccessful or have been determined unlikely to work.
The IVF treatment in Cyprus offers a number of advantages to people who struggle with infertility. IVF treatment at euroCARE in Cyprus is a viable option if you or your partner have one of the following medical conditions:
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage. This condition makes it difficult for the egg to be fertilized by the sperm or for the embryo to travel from the fallopian tubes to the uterus.
- Ovulation disorders. If ovulation is irregular or absent, then fewer eggs will be produced, thus decreasing your chance for pregnancy.
- Premature ovarian failure. Early menopause happens when your ovaries stop secreting normal amounts of estrogen or stop producing eggs regularly before the age of 40.
- Endometriosis. Endometriosis occurs when the uterine tissue grows outside of the uterus, which may also affect the function of the other reproductive organs.
- Uterine fibroids. Fibroids are benign tumors in the uterus that are commonly found in women in their 30s and 40s. Fibroids can hinder implantation of the fertilized egg into the uterus lining.
- Previous tubal sterilization or removal. If you’ve undergone a tubal ligation in which your fallopian tubes were removed or blocked, then tubal ligation reversal is possible with IVF.
- Impaired sperm production. Low sperm count, poor sperm mobility, or other abnormalities of the sperm size and shape can affect male fertility.
- Unexplained infertility. Unexplained infertility means that causes of infertility remain unknown.
- A genetic disorder. If our fertility doctor suspects that you or your partner may pass a genetic disorder on your child, IVF with PGT is generally recommended. This procedure screens fertilized eggs for certain genetic conditions. After no potential threat is found, embryos are transferred to the uterus.
- Cancer or other health conditions. Radiation or chemotherapy have a huge impact on fertility of women. IVF is an ideal option for preserving both male and female fertility. Plan A involves egg collection and egg freezing before chemotherapy; plan B consists of egg fertilization and embryo freezing.
How to Prepare for IVF Cyprus?
Fertility Tests for Women
The first step of the IVF process is undergoing basic fertility tests and finding the cause(s) of infertility. Depending on the test results, our IVF specialist in Cyprus will recommend you a personalized treatment plan and an appropriate medication protocol.
Some of the female infertility tests performed before IVF are:
- AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) test. Women are born with a lifetime egg supply which gradually decreases after the age of 30. AMH evaluates your ovarian reserve (egg supply). High AMH levels indicate high ovarian reserve, whereas low AMH levels indicate diminished ovarian reserve. AMH level predicts the response of your ovaries to fertility medications in IVF.
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) test. TSH is vital for producing energy and regulating the metabolism in your body. The TSH test checks specifically for potential thyroid gland problems that may affect fertility in women. High levels of TSH may cause ovarian problems, implantation failure, miscarriage, premature birth, pre-eclampsia, low birth weight and mental problems in the baby. Recommended range of TSH for infertile women trying IVF is ≤2.5 mIU/L.
- Prolactin test. Prolactin is responsible for optimizing the thickness of the uterus lining and gives your embryos the best chance of implantation. Even slightly raised levels of prolactin can provoke a negative response of the ovaries to fertility medications. This hinders the normal development of the ovarian follicles, and decreases your chance of success with IVF.
- AFC ultrasound: This Antral follicle count (AFC) scan indicates the number of remaining eggs in your ovaries. The scan also checks for any abnormalities of the uterus that may impact the outcome of the IVF treatment in Cyprus. The scan detects ovarian cysts that can affect the follicle development, and fibroids or polyps that can prevent implantation of the embryo(s).
Male Infertility Tests
Men are recommended to do a sperm analysis before the start of IVF treatment in Cyprus. The test involves testing a semen sample in the state-of-the-art lab at our IVF clinic in Cyprus for any abnormalities (sperm count, shape and motility).
IVF Cyprus Process Step by Step
For IVF with own eggs, daily doses of synthetic hormones are administered to stimulate your ovaries to produce multiple eggs. The reason for this is that some eggs may fail to fertilize with the sperm or not all embryos will be good for transfer. Having more eggs give you the possibility to produce more good quality embryos too.
Various types of IVF medications are used during the IVF treatment in Cyprus:
- In the first 10 days you will be administered a combination of FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) and LH (Lutenizing Hormone) injections in order to produce more eggs.
- As the ovarian follicles start to grow, you will be administered another injection to prevent premature ovulation. This will keep your eggs in the ovaries until they are ready for retrieval in our fertility clinic Cyprus.
- Regular scans are required to check the follicle growth. When ready, a final hCG injection will be administered for the final maturation of the eggs in the ovaries.
- Once the eggs are collected, further medication is required to prepare the uterine lining for the implantation of the embryo(s).
In rare cases, your IVF treatment in Cyprus will be cancelled if:
- There are insufficient eggs produced
- Your uterine lining is not thick enough
- Premature ovulation takes place before the egg retrieval
- There is an excessive number of follicles (hyperstimulation)
In each case, our IVF specialist will discuss alternative treatment options with you or will make an adjustment to the medication protocol to better suit your medical condition.
Egg retrieval is performed 34 to 36 hours after the final hCG injection and before ovulation starts. You will be administered sedation that will keep you asleep during the procedure. For patients experiencing intense anxiety, additional medication for relaxation may be prescribed to decrease the muscle tension. Our IVF specialist will collect your eggs from the ovaries by ultrasound-guided aspiration. The procedure takes about 20 minutes.
On the same day of the egg retrieval, a sperm sample will be provided by your partner (or donor). The sperm sample will be analyzed in our IVF lab for any count, shape or motility abnormalities. Only healthy, motile sperm will be selected for fertilization. Surgical sperm retrieval is also possible at this stage of the IVF process if there is no sperm in the sample provided.
If you are using donor sperm, everything will be set up in advance before the egg fertilization takes place in our fertility clinic in Cyprus.
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is a medical procedure performed as part of IVF North Cyprus in which a single healthy sperm cell is injected directly into each mature egg. ICSI is used for all our IVF treatments in Cyprus since this is the most effective method of fertilization. The procedure is performed in our IVF lab where the temperature and air quality are carefully controlled. After processing the sperm sample, only the best sperm will be selected and inserted with a tiny glass pipette into each collected egg. Once the pipette pierces through the egg’s membrane, the sperm cell is released and the pipette is withdrawn.
Embryo transfer is the next step of the IVF process in which embryos are transferred to the woman’s uterus in order to establish a pregnancy. Embryo transfer is done at our clinic and usually takes place two to six days after the egg retrieval.
There are two types of embryos that are transferred to the uterus:
- Fresh embryos are embryos that have been produced during the same IVF cycle.
- Frozen embryos are embryos that have been produced in a previous IVF cycle and have undergone embryo freezing. Before transfer, frozen embryos are first thawed and then transferred as a regular, fresh embryo to the woman’s uterus.
If the procedure is successful, the embryo will implant into the lining of your uterus on the sixth to tenth day from the egg retrieval.
How long does IVF Cyprus take?
IVF in Cyprus process at euroCARE takes about 20 days. The duration of the process relies on the medical condition and the treatment plan for each patient. Some stages of IVF, for example, ovarian stimulation, may take longer for some patients.
How safe is IVF in North Cyprus?
The advances in assisted reproduction has significantly reduced the risks of IVF North Cyprus. However, as with any other medical procedure, there are some common risks associated with IVF:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Egg-retrieval complications
- Miscarriage (pregnancy loss)
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
- Bleeding, infection, or damage to the bowels or bladder (rare)
- Mood swings
- Abdominal pain
North Cyprus IVF Success factors
There are multiple factors that determine the success of giving birth to a healthy baby after IVF in North Cyprus:
- Maternal age. Female fertility is affected by age. Women are at the most fertile in their 20s. Fertility gradually declines in the 30s, speeding up after the age of 35. By age 40, a woman’s chance of conceiving is less than 5% per cycle.
- Embryo status. Not all embryos will survive in the IVF cycle. Egg quality determine the quality of embryos and the success of IVF.
- Reproductive history. Women who have previously given birth are more likely to become pregnant through IVF North Cyprus.
- Infertility causes. Some disorders of the reproductive system and genetic problems may decrease your chance of conceiving with IVF North Cyprus.
- Lifestyle factors. Lifestyle plays a big role in preserving male and female fertility. Bad habits like smoking, immoderate alcohol consumption, use of recreational substances, or excessive caffeine can have a negative impact on your ability to get pregnant. A study suggests that smoking can decrease your chance of IVF success by 50%.
About 12 days to two weeks after the egg retrieval, you’ll need to take a beta hCG blood test to determine whether you’re pregnant or not. There are two possible outcomes:
- Pregnant – If you’re pregnant, you will be referred to an obstetrician or other pregnancy specialist for prenatal care.
- Not pregnant – If you’re not pregnant, you’ll stop taking fertility medications, and most likely, you will get your period within a week or so. If you don’t get your period or you experience unusual bleeding, contact your doctor. If you’re interested in trying another IVF cycle, your doctor will suggest further steps and measures to be taken to improve your chance of pregnancy.
IVF Waiting List
In Cyprus there are no waiting lists for having an IVF treatment at our IVF centre in North Cyprus. The sooner you get in touch with our IVF coordinator, the better your chance of success with IVF will be. We highly advised our patients to start their fertility treatments as soon possible as age has a big impact on fertility and success rates of IVF.
IVF Cyprus Cost
IVF Cyprus costs are up to 50% less than the IVF costs in the UK. What’s more, at our top fertility clinic in Cyprus, we offer a personalized treatment plan tailored to your own needs. Transparency and honesty are the core values on which our medical practice is founded along with technical expertise and dedication. If you are considering IVF abroad, then euroCARE IVF is the cheapest and nearest IVF clinic available to you.
Cyprus IVF Success Rates
IVF success at euroCARE in Cyprus depends on a number of factors, such as age, previous pregnancy, type of fertility issue, past IVF cycles, use of donor eggs, fertility clinics, etc.
A study showed that women under 30 who have a 44% chance of a live birth in the first cycle, and a cumulative live birth rate of between 69% and 91% after six cycles. Women at age 40-44 have an 11% chance of giving birth in their first IVF cycle, and a cumulative live birth rate of 21-34% after six cycles. It is important to wait a few months before trying IVF again. During this time, your body will recover from the treatment and will get strong again. You should consult with our fertility doctor to explore alternative treatment options or to adjust the treatment protocol.
Why IVF in North Cyprus
As the leading fertility enter in North Cyprus, euroCARE IVF offers substantial benefits — including the enormous cost savings compared to fertility clinics in the UK, Europe, and America.
In addition to your IVF treatment, traveling to Cyprus also awards you a stress-free holiday — ultimately creating the perfect IVF environment.
Our state-of-the art IVF clinic offers advanced fertility treatments and exceptional aftercare services. Treatments include advanced in vitro Fertilization (IVF), IVF with Egg Donation, PGD for genetic diagnosis, Gender Selection and MicroSort.
euroCARE IVF Defies the Odds
Our top IVF center aims to provide 5 day blastocyst embryo transfers, resulting in higher success rates of pregnancy during your IVF treatment in Cyprus.
Here at euroCARE IVF, we understand that fertility treatment is multifaceted, and infertility can have many causes — including both male and female issues. Our expert team has accomplished years of advanced training to provide the top fertility care services possible.
Commitment to Helping You Become Parents
Choosing fertility care at euroCARE IVF in North Cyprus allows you to obtain the highest standards of ethical care and integrity. The goal is to help every couple achieve their dream of building a family. Each fertility specialist at euroCARE believes that every couple deserves highly personalized care — without the long wait times.
Tailoring the appropriate treatment for each couple is a stimulating process and entails vast knowledge. Not every couple who travels to Cyprus for IVF treatment necessarily needs advanced treatments. Our top fertility doctors in Cyprus will outline your options for treatment after completing a thorough diagnosis of an impending fertility issue.
Affordable IVF Treatment in North Cyprus
Affording fertility treatment can be a frightening task for any couple or individual seeking IVF. With our low cost IVF packages, euroCARE IVF patients can save up to 50 – 70% off the costs. Our fertility center has IVF packages to help you afford treatment and helps eliminate the stress.
By traveling to euroCARE in Cyprus, couples can save tens of thousands of dollars. In addition to the reduced IVF costs, the prospect of low-priced egg donation services is also sending couples to Cyprus.
Get a Free Quote or learn more about euroCARE IVF as we have developed affordable solutions to give you the best chance of a successful pregnancy.
IVF Clinics in Cyprus
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.