“Our euroCARE IVF doctors have created a bridge between modernism and reproductive innovation — between fertility tradition and pioneering progression.”
— euroCARE IVF
Alternative MicroSort Technologies
MicroSort is a pre-conception sperm sorting technology where sperm is sorted into X and Y chromosomes, thus creating the advanced option of knowing your offspring would be female or male gender.
Sperm Spinning for Gender Selection
The swim-up method for gender selection is almost identical to the Percoll method. Our embryologist uses the ‘swim up‘ method which is nearly 60% accurate in sorting the sperm into male and female batches.
The ‘predominantly’ male or female batch is then used to fertilize the eggs. We carry out the PGD biopsy during the embryos development to enable us to determine the gender of the embryos, in which case only healthy embryos of your desired gender are transferred to you.
Good Candidates for Swim-Up Method
A good candidate is a healthy intended female who will carry the embryo to term, as well as a healthy male sperm donor or partner. Our swim-up method can be combined with a wide variety of artificial reproduction techniques, such as intrauterine insemination (IUI), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
Stages of Sperm Preparation
- Semen is placed in a test tube; in some cases, it is previously washed and centrifuged.
- A culture medium is carefully placed on top of the semen. The medium is a hospitable environment for the sperm, and healthy sperm will swim up into it. Slow and immotile sperm are left behind, along with most debris in the semen.
- The test tube is let stand an hour or so; in some cases it is placed at an angle, and/or in an incubator.
- In the standard procedure, the top layer is collected for use. In the modified swim-up technique for attempted male gender selection, a small fraction of the top layer is first discarded. This practice is based on the theory that a) a small fraction of X-sperm are the fastest of all, b) next fastest are the Y-sperm, and c) slowest are the majority of X-sperm. The modified swim-up attempted to discard that first group of fast X-sperm.
- Finally, the portion retained for use may be washed and centrifuged again.
Genetic Testing in North Cyprus
PGD genetic testing at euroCARE IVF can punctiliously monitor over 50 genetic diseases, including Cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome, and Hemophilia A and B. Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) at euroCARE allows you to choose the gender of your baby and also to screen for numerical chromosomal abnormalities.
No Waiting List
Schedule treatment when it's best suitable for you.
Comfort starts with the best accommodations in North Cyprus.