Last Updated on
“Sperm donation is an excellent option for couples that are experiencing male infertility issues. Our euroCARE IVF clinic partners with reputable sperm banks to provide you with exceptional donors for your IVF treatment.”
— euroCARE IVF
Sperm donation Cyprus is the procedure in which a man (sperm donor) provides sperm (donor sperm) to help an individual or a couple conceive a baby. This type of assisted reproduction is known as a third-party reproduction.
Sperm Donation Cyprus for IVF
Sperm donation at euroCARE IVF Cyprus is used to fertilize the collected eggs in our state-of-the-art lab. First, the mother goes through ovarian stimulation in which multiple eggs will be produced in her ovaries.
Mature eggs are extracted and fertilized with the donor’s sperm with a method called ICSI Cyprus (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). This advanced technique of fertilization allows a healthy sperm cell to be injected into each collected egg. The best embryo(s) is transferred to the mother’s uterus on day 3 or day 5 after fertilization.
Alternatively, fertilization can take place inside the woman’s body in a procedure called Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Cyprus. Donated sperm is injected into the uterus, cervix or fallopian tubes of the woman in order to establish a pregnancy.
In the second case, sperm donation is synchronized with the IUI treatment for the latter to take place around ovulation. The woman may use mild stimulation to produce more eggs and to increase her chance of pregnancy.
Why Sperm Donor is Required?
Sperm Donation Cyprus is a viable option for:
- Couples affected by male infertility
- Couples affected by genetic disorders
- Single women
- Same-sex couples
Sperm Donor Cyprus Requirements
The sperm donor selection process is quite complex, requiring both sides to undergo extensive medical evaluation. Donors are selected based on their good health state and absence of genetic abnormalities. Psychological evaluation and counseling are strongly recommended to the donor and his partner, as well as the recipient couple.
There are emotional, psychological and legal aspects involved in the sperm donation process. Sperm donors give up all legal rights over any resulting child/children. The woman who gives birth to the child and her partner (if any) are recorded as the legal parents of the child.
Sperm donation Cyprus is anonymous. Although identity of the donor is unknown, a lot of information may be revealed to the recipients, such as age, nationality, height, weight, blood type, skin color, hair color, eye color, educational background, and previous donation history.
Donors are not allowed by law to donate more than 5 times in a lifetime. The age cutoff for sperm donors in Cyprus is 35 years.
Sperm Donor Cyprus Qualifications
Qualifying criteria that all potential sperm donors have to meet:
- No history of certain diseases such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, etc.)
- Homosexual men and men who have had sex with other men
- Intravenous drug users
- Men at risk for HIV infection
Sperm Donor Screening
- Semen Analysis. This fertility test evaluates the sperm count, shape and motility and selects the healthy sperm for fertilization.
- Genetic screening. Our IVF clinic in Cyprus requires potential donors to have a chromosomal analysis before proceeding with the procedure. At this point, applicants who have a genetic disorder or a family history of genetic diseases will be disqualified.
- Medical history. Donors should be healthy and have no history of hereditary diseases or sexually transmitted infections. A complete personal and sexual history should also be provided in order to exclude individuals who might be at risk of HIV or other sexually transmitted infections.
- Physical examination. Before acceptance, and every 6 months while remaining an active donor, donors should undergo a complete physical examination including evaluation for urethral discharge, genital ulcers and genital warts.
- Laboratory testing. Lab tests determine the blood type and Rh factor, and ensure that no infectious agents are transmitted to the recipient.
The screening process lasts 8 weeks to 6 months.
Sperm Donor Match
The couple can suggest a list of the physical attributes and characteristics they desire in a prospective donor, including race and/or ethnic group, height, complexion, eye color, and hair color and texture. Consideration should be given to blood type and Rh factor, particularly with Rh-negative recipients.
Why Sperm Donation in North Cyprus?
The journey to becoming a parent can be one filled with challenges, hope and — endless joy. It is a privilege to be entrusted with such a life-changing experience, one that we treat with the utmost sensitivity and respect — and and sperm donation at euroCARE IVF is no exception.
Sperm donation is an excellent option for couples that are experiencing male fertility issues. It is also a viable treatment for single women looking to fulfill their dream of having a baby.
Our euroCARE IVF clinic partners with reputable sperm banks to provide you an exceptional donor. Sperm donors undergo an extensive and lengthy screening process, including genetic counseling, personal and family medical review, sexual disease and genetic screening, and sperm quality testing — with 99% of all applicants being unqualified and rejected.
Sperm Donation in North Cyprus
IVF with donor sperm is performed along the same guidelines as a standard IVF cycle. Testing is required in order for us to prepare your treatment plan. Day 1 of your menstrual cycle marks day 1 of the treatment process and the stimulation injections begin on day 2. A scan is required after 5 days injections and you are due to fly to Cyprus on day 9 of the process. When your eggs are ready, they are collected by ultrasound-guided aspiration.
Sperm is also collected from your donor the same day and prepared for the ICSI fertilization procedure thus resulting in your embryos. Your embryos are then monitored closely by our expert embryologist and transferred when they are at their best development stage, preferably at blastocyst stage. Your euroCARE IVF doctor will discuss full details of your embryos development with you on the day of transfer and you then decide together which to transfer.
IVF Clinics in Cyprus
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.